Trends in Natural Products Research: A Young Scientists’ Meeting
July 12 - July 15
The Phytochemical Society of Europe organizes annually a Young Scientists’ Meeting in order to give younger scientists (MSc students, PhD students, postdoctoral fellows) the opportunity to present their research results in the form of short talks or posters and to discuss them with colleagues and senior scientists in an informal and stimulating environment.
The scientific program will include topics, such as:
- Drug discovery from terrestrial, marine and microbial natural sources
- Synthesis of natural products and their analogues
- Biological and pharmacological activities of natural products
- Biosynthesis of natural products
- Chemical ecology
- Biotechnological applications of natural products
- Screening for bioactive metabolites through application of –omics platforms
- Dereplication and rational approaches for bioprospecting
There will be plenary lectures, invited talks, and contributed oral presentations, while poster sessions will be linked to the scientific themes.
In addition to the scientific content, there will be an exciting social program, including a welcome reception, a traditional Cretan festive dinner with live music and dancing and an excursion (optional).